At the second annual VMA HR Workshop: Building a Better Workforce through Employee Engagement, Nov 14-15, 2016 at the Houston Marriott West Loop, by the Galleria, industry experts, HR specialists, and two legal authorities will offer valuable information and practical resources for employee retention, training and mentoring.
11/14/2016 to 11/15/2016
Nov. 14-15, 2016
Map this event »
Houston Marriott West Loop at the Galleria
1750 West Loop South
Houston, Texas 77027
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
At the second VMA HR Workshop: Building a Better Workforce through Employee Engagement, Nov. 14-15, 2016 at the Houston Marriott West Loop by the Galleria, industry experts, HR specialists, and two legal authorities will offer valuable information and practical resources for employee retention, training and mentoring. Speakers include Ian Baynes, former Strategic Global Marketing Leader for A.W. Chesterton; Tiffany Gearhart, Recruitment and Training Expert for AIRS (an ADP company); Joe Bontke, Deputy Director for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Houston office; and Jack Wisdom, Partner and Employment Attorney with Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, LLP. Attendees will hear from two panels comprised of Young Valve Professionals (YVPs) as well as member and industry peers, and will have several opportunities for networking over the course of the program.
Monday, November 14
Registration - 12:30 to 1:00 pm
Workshops - 1:00 - 5:00 pm
- Keynote Career Development - Ian Baynes
- Mentor & Train a Multi-Generational Workforce - Tiffany Gearhart
- Emerging Issues at the EEOC - Joe Bantke
- Industry/Member Panel
- Speaker Q & A
Networking Reception - 5:30 to 6:30 pm
Dinner - 6:30 to 8:00 pm
Tuesday, November 15
Continental breakfast - 7:30 - 8:00 am
Workshops - 8:30 to Noon
- Employment Law and Legal Best Practices for Recruiting in the Social Media Age - Jack Wisdom
- Attract Talent and Build Loyalty with Unconventional Perks - Tiffany Gearhart
- Young Valve Professionals Panel
- Small Group Discussion & Conclusion
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Human resource specialists, managers, directors or VPs, or anyone who directs or manages a company's recruiting and retention activities.
Registration is limited to VMA and VRC member personnel. Members who register may bring one or two of their YVPs who are invited to attend at no cost, however, members must pay for their employees travel and lodging. Each Young Valve Profession registration must accompany a full paid registration.
- Early-bird registration fee (expires Sept. 30, 2016): $375
- Regular registration fee (Oct. 1 - Nov. 13): $425
YOUNG VALVE PROFESSIONALS
Each registered member company is encouraged to bring up to two YVPs (Young Valve Professionals) who are exempt from the registration fee. YVPs are outstanding young workers within VMA member companies, who are recognized for their contributions to their workforce and act as "ambassadors" to the valve manufacturing industry - showing other young people that a career in valve manufacturing is not just for baby boomers.Young Valve Professionals can attend complimentary. In return:
- YVPs may be asked to participate on a panel in which they share their experiences in the valve industry with the workshop attendees.
HOTEL RESERVATION INFORMATION
- YVPs may be asked to record a brief, conversational "interview" on camera for an upcoming Valve Careers outreach video.
Accommodations for the 2016 Human Resources Workshop have been arranged at THE Houston Marriott West Loop - Galleria at the discounted rate of $139 per night. To make reservations you can call the hotel toll free at 713-960-0111 or CLICK HERE to make reservations online. Please reference the VMA Human Resources Workshop to receive the discounted rate. Deadline to make hotel reservations is October 24, 2016.
- Cancellations received up to 30 days before the event are refundable, minus a 5% registration service charge.
- Cancellations received between 15 and 29 days before the event are 75% refundable.
- Due to hotel and other event guarantees, cancellations received between 0 and 14 days prior to the events are non-refundable. Substitutions are allowed until November 14th.
- All cancellations and substitutions must be in writing to Malena Malone-Blevins at email@example.com
Please contact Jessica Bello at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 804-739-3956