>> registration opens JULY 18
>> program available soon
>> registration opens july 18
>> exhibitor prospectus available soon
>> available soon in the vma store
S c h e d u l e
OCT. 18: 101 course / day 1
Introduction to the Industry
Actuators—Manual and Fluid Powered
Exhibits Open (p.m.)
oCT. 19: 101 course / DAY 2
Control Valves & Systems
Hands-on Instruction at the "Valve Petting Zoo”
oCT. 20: 201 course / DAY 3
Packings & Fugitive Emissions
Critical Service Applications & Valves
Controls--On/Off Power for Fluid Powered Actuators
Valve Data, Feedback & Asset Monitoring
OCT. 18-20, 2016
Valve Basics Seminar & Exhibits
DAYS 1 & 2: vaLVES, ACTUATORS & CONTROLS 101
Day 3: valves, ACTUATORS & CONTROLS 201
SHERATON houston BROOKHOLLOW hotel, HOUSTON, TX
About the Program
More than 1,500 people have attended VMA's highly rated Valve Basics Seminars. The Valves, Actuators & Controls 101 program began as a 1-day course and eventually was expanded to 2 days. And now, a third day has been added to focus on more intermediate topics. We suggest newcomers to our program attend all three days, and those who have participated in previous Basics programs are invited to attend the third day, with all new 201-level programming.
We will continue to hold our popular "Valve Petting Zoo,” which provides a hands-on experience with the products covered during the course, as well as offer a tabletop exhibition during the afternoon hours of Day 1 (Oct. 18).
Who Should Attend?
This course was created specifically for newcomers to the industry so it is ideally suited for recent graduates and engineers in the early stages of their careers. The course also works well for:
- A variety of professionals employed at plants and facilities that use valves, actuators and controls
- More experienced professionals with knowledge of one specific product type but in need of an overview of the entire spectrum of valves, actuators and controls.
- New employees at valve, actuator and control companies
- Personnel from EPC or AEC firms who are involved with specifying valves
- Distributors and manufacturers' reps who sell these products
- Companies that provide supplies and services to the industry
- And anyone who could use a refresher course on valves, actuators and controls!
The Valve Basics course has also been well-received by upper-level mechanical engineering students who have attended previous seminars. Their participation is made possible by scholarships from our educational foundation, and we have set aside 10 slots at each seminar to help educate the next generation about the world of valves.
WHO SHOULD EXHIBIT?
- U.S. or Canadian companies that sell or provide services to valve, actuator and control manufacturers and end users of those products or services.
- Non-member manufacturers, suppliers and distributor/channel partners may register, but only if they are U.S. or Canadian based and would qualify for VMA or VRC membership.
If you are not sure whether your company qualifies, please contact Abby Brown before registering.
ATTENDEE REGISTRATION FEES
Registration is open to all in the industry. Registration fees and types are as follows:
- FULL REGISTRATION: Oct. 18-20 (includes 101 and 102 lessons)
First Registrant - $1,150/$1,095 for additional registrants from same company
- 101 COURSES: Oct. 18-19 (includes 101 courses only)
First Registrant - $795/$750 for additional registrants from same company
- 201 COURSES: Oct. 20 (201 lessons only)
First Registrant - $525/$490 for additional registrants from same company
- EXHIBIT-ONLY ATTENDEE: Exhibit-only registration is $95 and allows an attendee entrance into the exhibit area during the specified exhibit interaction times on Oct. 18.
This fees above cover breakfast, lunch and breaks each day plus a late afternoon reception on Oct. 18 and the Valve Petting Zoo on Oct. 19. Entry into the exhibit hall is also included. In addition, attendees receive a manual and earn a VMA Certificate of Completion for education credits. Exhibit-only registration includes food functions on Oct. 18 only and does not include any educational credits.
EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION FEES
The cost to purchase a tabletop at the Valve Basics exhibit program is $625 for VMA/VRC members and $725 for non-members. The exhibit registration fee covers your table, attendee list, lunch, afternoon break and reception attendance for two company representatives. Seminar attendance is not included in exhibit registration. If you wish to register your representatives to attend the Valve Basics Seminar, you will receive a discount off the current attendee price.
HOTEL RESERVATION INFORMATION
The 2016 Valve Basics Seminar will take place at the Sheraton Houston Brookhollow Hotel (3000 North Loop West Frwy, Houston, TX 77092). Accommodations at the hotel have been arranged at the discounted conference rate of $159 per night + taxes. Reservation information will be posted as soon as its available.
MEETING CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellations received up to 30 days before the event are refundable, minus a 5% registration service charge
- Cancellations received between 15 and 29 days before the event are 75% refundable.
- Due to hotel and other event guarantees, cancellations received between 0 and 14 days prior to the event the day are non-refundable.
- Substitutions can be made until Oct. 14.
Program content: Abby Brown
Registration: Malena Malone-Blevins